The Harvest Mocks Me

Friday, August 4, 2017
     My tarot cards certainly aren't timid.  This morning, before the sun came up, after a night of violent tossing and turning, I sat bleary eyed and shuffled my deck.  Before I could complete my usual regiment of shuffling and cutting, shuffling and cutting, shuffling and cutting...  a card flipped out of the deck and landed in my lap.  It was this guy.... 

Harvest  ~  The Green Witch Tarot 

    .....and at first I was confused.  I haven't exactly been in a harvesty mood (my cup runneth over but there's a bug in my drink).  Yeah, things have been murky and the last bit of tarnish on my silver lining just won't come out no matter how much I scrub.  This card represents so much... happiness, positive abundance, renewal, reward etc.  It mocked me. It reminded me of everything I've wanted and worked for and how far I still am from attaining so many of those things. You sir, with your smiling face and bountiful vegetables mock me.  As I was shoving the cards back in their bag I heard a soft message that made this cards presence in front of my face this morning make sense.  Work....
    I pulled the card out and looked at it again.  This man with a smiling face, this happy pair and their overflowing harvest.  How did they arrive in this place? What was the work behind the harvest? If I want to arrive at this place of positive abundance what is the work I have to do to get my ass there?


"....With a sense of revelation and insight comes renewed energy, but also a time of accountability or reckoning resulting from actions taken, choices made, and opportunities ignored. There may be a need for self assessment as to whether one's decisions have been beneficial or detrimental to personal growth and spiritual peace.  Some form of atonement for past actions may be initiated or forced upon oneself through the judgments of others. Along with this evaluation is the potential for a rebirth, with new insight as to direction or possible changes in one's life, and even an influx of psychic awareness and understanding through an altered state as the second harvest is celebrated with the wine of life. With revelation and insight comes renewed energy for further transformative action."  -The Green Witch Tarot Companion 


What aspect of your life needs to be reevaluated?  
Does a hard decision need to be made and, if so, are avoiding making the choice?
Have you made a bad decision and now a course adjustment is required (don't beat yourself up, shit happens)?
Your efforts will be rewarded but only if you get off your ass and get started.
Do you hold yourself accountable for all actions, both good and not so good?
Are you afraid of rebirth? If so, why (if there's something in the shadows holding you back turn around and look it dead in the eye)??
Self care/Restorative care is important. Don't be afraid to take a time out and do you.

    Nothing lasts forever, including the smile on that guys face.  His harvest was bountiful but inevitably his table will be empty and the work toward an abundant harvest will begin again.  The cycle...  Constant hard work and attention is required of the farmer to ensure this bounty and constant work and attention is needed to continue moving forward positively, creating a bountiful life.  And it seems greater challenges and obstacles find their way into our path the more we grow and our spirit expands but with each cycle through we acquire more tools to deal with the hard work that comes before the harvest.   I may not be at that table today but I'll be there again because I've sat there before. 


Work, Work, Work, Work, Work....
~A


0 comments:

Post a Comment