Book Review: Numerology, Plain and Simple

Friday, April 7, 2017
     Numbers and I have never been friends. Math class was my worst fear growing up and it took tutors, extra credit and regular begging to the math gods to get me through it with a passing grade.  I've always been better with words.  History, literature, philosophy etc were always my preference and once I passed my last math class (a requirement to graduate college) I was sure that numbers and I were done for good.  Goods Gods, was I wrong.  It turns out you not only need math as an adult but sometimes studying numbers can be fun.  **Enter Numerology**   If you google the meaning of numerology this is the definition you'll find: 




     That's a pretty short description for an incredibly broad topic that dates back to 5th century BC or thereabouts.  Numerology, Plain and Simple is the latest in the Plain and Simple series and provides a good starting point for those unafraid of the numbers and interested in studying numerology.  The author, Anne Christie, has written a number of books (see what I did there.... haha... **clears throat**  sorry) on varying topics including numerology, astrology and Egyptian magick.  Numerology, Plain an Simple begins with a brief history of numerology, offering information about Pythagoras, Kabbalah and early correlations between letters and numbers.  After that, make sure you have pencil and paper handy because the rest of the book is spent exploring different methods and equations of numerology. You'll discover everything from your Name Number, Heart Number and Karmic Number.  

By the end of this book I discovered that:   



  • My name number is 5 and the description of 5 people is fairly accurate.
  • My personality number is a 9 and the description was again, fairly accurate. 
  • It's possible to calculate the  compatibility of a relationship (romantic, business etc) using numerology
  • Numerology can be used for predictions, for both long-term and short-term forecasts.
  • Use numerology on your home or business address and see how those numbers affect your life.    


     If you're looking for extensive, in depth history and explanations you won't find it in this book. With its modest 150 pages, Numerology, Plain and Simple is just that... short, sweet and to the point. This is not "the only book you'll ever need" if you decide to take your Numerology education further but it's a great starting point.  Well written and organized, Anne Christie's book is the perfect starter book for anyone interested in the realm of numerology.  Numerology, Plain and Simple is published by Red Wheel/Weiser Books and can be purchased here.



Brightest Blessings, 
A

0 comments:

Post a Comment